Friday, February 29, 2008

Those 2 minutes..


The day i had Thermodynamics mid sem exam (2-4 PM), i went to mess and came back to my room at 1 PM and with a book in my hand i was lying on bed, fully tired as i didn't sleep the earlier night. I did not know when i closed my eyes, but when i opened my eyes i realized its 5PM. Then started various thoughts wandering in my mind...what happened??Exam time is over..did i give the exam..noo..then what was i doing.. for about a minute i was fully confused and then when i became sure of what happened, the next TWO MINUTES (probably the toughest ones of my life) i felt like living in hell.

Then i washed my face to come down and started thinking what to do..then, i immediately ran to my senior, salman sunny who advised me to meet the professor of that subject (A.K.Thakur, also my Fac-Ad coincidentally). I went to his office which was locked then and also i didn't take my phone with me to make a call. Then with out a second thought i asked some unknown person for his phone (later i came to know he is elec. dept prof S. Mukhopadyay as a week later, he came to teach us an electrical course which i took as my breadth subject). He could see signs of worry in my face and gave his phone saying "there is low balance..but its sufficient to make one single call". Thank you sir!! But that had not helped me much as my fac-ad's phone was switched off.

As i could find no way to meet my prof, i sat in front of library thinking what to do, which resulted in medical certi idea. So, i went back to my room, took medical book and went to B.C.Roy hospital. Initially, i told the doctor "presently i am alright but afternoon, i had severe head ache because of which i also missed my exam and so i may need medical certi". The doctor could immediately understand from my words that there is no head ache but i just need a med. certi. He wrote some heavy biological terms in my medical book to make it look a severe problem and told me to meet the professor and find out in what exact form the medical certi is needed. By the time i met my proff and came back for med. certi. that doctor went on leave. So, i had to contact Head, who was very rude. She told me i won't get any med. certi. inspite of seeing the heavy biological terms, as i was not in the hospital during the exam time. She also frightened me saying "now you have no way other than supplementary exam". So, i waited till the doctor was back to the Hospital and explained him the whole situation. Thanx alot to that doctor.. he managed to get me a med. certi. with out letting the Head knew about it.

With the med. certi. i went to my proff, who told me to get the med. certi. so, we both went to B.K. Mathur, Phy dep head who says "there is no need of any med. certi. for the mid sem exam (required only for end sem), a professor of a subject can conduct a re-exam if he is convinced with the reason provided by the student". Thus all mine and doctor's efforts for getting med. certi. went in vain, as re-exam was conducted with out even looking at it. Though i felt like i got killed once, it became the incident that i can never forget. At that time, i thought no more such incidents can happen in my life but it almost happened twice again though not of that intensity.

Second time:
This time it was on quantum mech end sem exam day (at 9 AM) on which almost the same was about to happen but my room-mate woke me up at 9:20 AM and so i could reach the exam hall by 9:30. Though i was late by half an hour, it didn't matter to me as i could finish that exam much before the deadline. But the comic part of it was when i entered the hall, i was given statistical mech question paper instead of quantum mech which i took with out noticing. I sat in my place and was relaxing for sometime as i came in a hurry. when i saw the question paper i could understand some questions, but i felt i knew answers for none of them. I felt its right that i did not prepare well but not to the extent of knowing zero answers and thought i am still half asleep and so waited for 5 more min. Then i realized that it is not my paper and went to the proff Krishna Kumar to get the correct one who asks me "y r u saying this after 40 min??now u continue with that paper itself :P" as he did not observe me coming late by half an hour. Then the right paper was given and i could finish the exam in 1 hour itself,as i did not prepare well.


Third time:
This time it was not on exam day, but the day i planned to go home. Train was scheduled at 9:10 AM. When i got up from bed it was 8:45 AM and i was not done with packing too. Just washed my face, took the clothes on the table (which i washed the earlier day and kept on table) put them in a bag and ran to krishna travels (by 8:55Am)which is just about 100 m from my (Patel) hall, took a taxi and was in the station by 9:05 AM. Thus i could catch the train.

First time, I felt tensed, worried and for a sec, i even thought i did the biggest mistake one can ever do. But after the first experience, never there was any sign of worry in my life and during the second incident i was so cool that, though i woke up at 9:20 when the exam starts at 9,i washed my face, set my hair which normally takes at least 5 min (as i had a very long and irregular hair at that time) but didn't take my calci as i felt its not necessary. From that day my friends tease me saying whatever the situation may be, i may forget calci but not setting my hair :D

Hope there won't be any fourth incident, had enough of them.

9 comments:

ronsin said...

a nice icing on the cake would be you being late for your flight to Boston... :P
also i feel quite glad that i haven't had as interesting life as yours.. ;)
nice thing you have put up the pics... makes things that much more interesting... :)

ScarletSamurai said...

hii!!!!!!
Wow.. what experiences.. :)
Nice post dude..

Rith said...

Fun to read.
Super cool.

Nava said...

Awesome experiences to share with...fun to read and interesting to know how did you handled the situations...

the phoenix said...

saale baachi sudhar ja...

Himanshu said...

u serious don't learn frm ur mistakes... do u ? [:P]

Anonymous said...

Baachi tu chuna hua makhau hai bhai. Kuchh tempo se makhata hai. Mast laga padhke. Aage se blog likhne ki noubat nahi aani chahiye.
Ye sab padh ke mujhe bhi chhota sa incident yaad aa gaya.
During experimental methods end sem exam, I studied nothing(by nothing I mean not a word ever). Exam was from 2, I woke up at 11 and started studying. I had to optimize my time and extract some from the exam time for studying purpose. So I studied constantly till 2:30 and then went to take the paper.
Paper achha bhi gaya tha aur koi mujhse chhap bhi raha thaa , wo thanku bhi bola :P

baachi said...

@ronscorp..my parents are coming to kgp in the 1st week of may..so no chanc eof missing the flight [:P]

baachi said...

@ munshi..
munshi bhai..ur character is gonna enter in to my posts at some time for sure..may be in our last sem..